Over 50s Activities
Activities for the over 50s
Lincs Inspire run a range of weekly social groups that take place in our leisure centres and libraries, as well as community venues. Browse activities below or download our weekly timetable.
Active Seniors provides light exercise suited to people aged over 50. Sessions are low intensity and can easily be adapted for different ranges of mobility.
Sessions are friendly and sociable, so come along and give them a try!
- Over 50s Football
- Tai Chi
- Walking Netball
- Chair Based Exercise – NEW
- New Age Kurling
- Senior Dance
- Wellbeing Walk (FREE)
The Wellness Hub at Grimsby Health & Wellbeing Centre, offers gentle forms of exercise using specialist power-assisted exercise equipment from Innerva. It’s is ideal for people who are:
- Living with long term health problems, such as dementia, MS, Parkinson’s, arthritis, osteoporosis, long-covid or joint problems.
- Recovering or have recovered from health problems, such as cancer or a stroke
- Recovering from more short term injuries, such as a fall or sports injury.
- Not used to regular exercise and looking for a gentle introduction into activity.
Chat and share views about novels at our free sociable reading groups – taking place monthly across all Lincs Inspire Library branches.
We welcome new members, and can provide multiple copies of titles, including large print and talking books.
Step back in time and connect through reminiscence! Memory Lane groups welcoming and sociable monthly groups:
- Waltham Library – first Wednesday of the month, 2pm
- Grimsby Library – second Wednesday of the month, 10:30am
- Cleethorpes Library – last Thursday of the month, 10:30am
£1 per person, including light refreshments.
Local & Family History
Whether you are conducting family history research or simply wanting to learn more about the people and places across North East Lincolnshire, we have a wealth of resources to get you started.
Chorus and a Cuppa
Sing to a medley of popular songs spanning the decades, everything from Elvis to Abba, Nat King Cole to The Beatles.
Get together in a relaxed space, whilst enjoying a cup of tea and a chat. Everyone welcome – no requirement to read music or have any previous experience in singing.
The group is suited to people managing long term health problems, such as dementia, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Cleethorpes Leisure Centre – Mondays, 11am to 12 noon, £3.50 per person
Boogie, Books and a Brew
Gentle movement and dance to music in the Albert Room at Cleethorpes Library. Afterwards, browse new book stock, get help with IT, take a trip down memory lane, or simply make new friends over a cuppa.
- Cleethorpes Library – Wednesdays, 11:30am to 1pm, £3.50 per person.