North East Lincolnshire Council is reviewing its statutory public libraries and archive service, operated by Lincs Inspire.
The review is taking place from Friday, January 12th to Friday, March 22nd 2024, and will focus on the following facilities and services:
- Grimsby Central Library;
- Cleethorpes Library;
- Immingham Library;
- Waltham Library; and
- The Public Archives service – operating from within Grimsby Town Hall
To understand how often and why people use these services, the Council is asking both users and non-users to share their views.
How To Have Your Say
To register your interest in attending these focus groups throughout February and March, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Freeman Street Market, Freeman Street, Grimsby
Friday, January 26th from 10am to 2pm
- Grimsby Health and Wellbeing Centre, Cromwell Road, Grimsby
Monday, January 29th from 8:30am to 11:30am
- Grimsby Leisure Centre (reception), Cromwell Road, Grimsby
Monday, February 12th from 4pm to 7pm
- Cleethorpes Leisure Centre (Foyer), Kingsway, Cleethorpes
Tuesday, February 20th from 4pm to 7pm
About the Consultation
North East Lincolnshire Council and Lincs Inspire hope the results of the consultation will support them in:
- Understanding how current user behaviour has changed and what is important to users in the future.
- Understanding how non-users may want to use the service in the future
- Looking at how the area’s demographics are changing demands for these services.
- Considering the strategic fit of library and archive provision and how it complements wider outcomes and collaboration with other services such as health, business / resident support, internal council services and leisure.
- Understanding the national statutory requirements for these services and how our libraries are currently supporting these.
- Exploring examples from across the UK, showing how libraries now provide a diverse range of complementary services
- Helping the Council to ensure investment in these services is focused on meeting community needs.
- Developing a long-term plan for the future of library and archive services.
The results of this first stage will be used to shape future proposals presented as a second follow up stage of the consultation.