Business Plan 2024-2026
Our Aims & Objectives
Be Customer Focused on all we do helping our community to be more active, healthy and resilient.
Be Inspiring through creativity, lifelong learning, and cultural exploration.
Be Better – more effective and agile, enabling us to put our resources where they achieve the best community impact.
By Delivering innovative services and products that increase participation and respond to customer need.
By Developing our workforce to support the business, alongside growing talent and offering opportunity.
By Measuring and managing risk and resources, with good governance that supports resilience and sustainability.
What We Do
- Sports and active leisure services for all ages and abilities, helping everyone to stay active and be healthy.
- Commercial activities that help us to cross fund community facilities and activities targeting improved health, mobility, and overall wellness.
- Grant funded opportunities that enable us to develop our services and make a difference within our communities.
- Uplifting, inspiring and thought provoking live entertainment, and cultural experiences, widening engagement and attracting new audiences.
- Friendly and accessible public library and archive services that support a love of literature and learning, alongside a wide range of community services.
What Matters to Us
- Putting our customers first and making a social difference through increasing positive community engagement.
- Achieving direct well being impacts for all our users.
- Valuing our staff and supporting their wellbeing too.
- Working with local partners, providing employment and training opportunities, and being environmentally responsible.
Our Plan of Action (next two years)
- Unlock funding to extend health and wellbeing programmes by service & location.
- Develop a Digital Strategy Roadmap to improve efficiency and our use of technology.
- Invest in the latest fitness and power assisted exercise equipment to help grow the business and support customer needs.
- Maximise facility/service growth potential through reengineering and or repositioning.
- Invest in our people through the development of bespoke training and apprenticeship programmes.
- Increase board member representation, widening skills, expertise, and insight.
Looking Further Ahead (beyond 2026)
- Grow Grimsby Auditorium’s products through the creation of more agile spaces.
- Be the go to organisation for assisted sport and physical activity.
- Extend our health partnerships to maximise potential via the local integrated care network.
- Champion sport, leisure, and cultural services as one stop active leisure and lifestyle hubs.
- Position Lincs Inspire to benefit from wider economic development/investment.
- Continue to generate increased income that is reinvested in our services and our workforce.
Supporting our workforce
- Local Jobs and specialist training for circa 400 staff
- Access to NVQ, ILM and apprenticeship programmes
- Discounted leisure memberships
- Childcare Voucher scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Free eye tests and discount on glasses required for work
- Occupational Sick Pay scheme
- Access to Occupational Health services, including our own wellness hub, external counselling services and in partnership with DWP, we will work to help keep you in work
- Support for employees who are also carers
- Providing accessible and affordable physical activities for all ages, abilities and health conditions
- Designing targeted programmes supporting high risk health conditions
- Boroughwide healthy weight management programmes
- Social activities helping to reduce loneliness and isolation
- Extensive GP/Health professional referral programme
- Free health check events within leisure and library facilities
- Extensive ‘read yourself well’ collections within our libraries
- Fabulous shows and live theatre experiences
Supporting our younger generations
- Keeping children active and safe – delivering cycling skills/ road safety training.
- Learning through play and sport, including in school and after school activity programmes
- Weekly swim lesson programmes at all pools
- Access via Libraries to trusted information and support; learn to read, help with ICT skills, specialist assistance for educational needs and disabilities, available at all libraries
- Inclusive activities for children of all ages and abilities
- Regular disability awareness days and taster sessions
- Children’s live performances and creative holiday activities
- Plus, lots of fun events and great party options too!