Pool programming can be altered at any time.
Bookings are not required, with the exception of Aqua Disco. Please expect queues at busy times.
If you are having difficulties navigating to future days on mobile device, please rotate your device to landscape view. You can also view the full timetable via the Lincs Inspire Leisure App.
Cleethorpes Leisure Centre’s free form pool boasts a wave machine, aqua slide* and adjoining toddler/baby pool. The main pool is 25m with 6 lanes. There is a beach/sloped entry into the pool.
*The aqua slide can be used independently by anyone over the height of 1.1 metres. Anyone under 1.1 metres is able to use the slide with an adult.
When sessions are busy, we operate a coloured banding system for all our customers, including those on subscription memberships. Coloured bands give you 1 hour and 15 minutes in the pool. During these peak times, it may mean that you have to wait a short time to access the changing village and pool. We endeavour to keep waiting times to an absolute minimum.
Public Swimming Prices
- Adult, Junior and Senior – £5.30 (under 3s swim for free).
- Family Swim* – £15.60 (2 adults and 2 children up to the age of 16).
*No family tickets available for inflatable sessions. Individual tickets only.
Customers who require assistance to aid them in the pool are able to bring their Personal Assistants (PAs) with them. PAs swim for free.
Public swimming is included in all of our monthly subscription memberships.
Access from the car park to the main doors is via a moderate slope. Blue badge holders park free of charge, disabled parking bays are available. The main doors open automatically. The building is on one level and has an adapted reception desk.
The disabled toilet is located ground floor within pool changing area.
Access to the pool is via a beach/sloped entry, alongside a pool-side hoist.
- Bench – height adjustable, adult sized, wall mounted
- Hoist – ceiling, loop
- Peninsular toilet
- Washbasin – height adjustable
- Non-slip floor
- Floor space (sq. m) – 13
- Emergency alarm
- Privacy screen
- Radar key
- Accessible shower
For health and safety reasons we do not provide slings. Customers are asked to bring their own, which should be compatible with the loop system.
We please ask that customers follow the below rules when using our pools. This is not an exhaustive list:
- No unsupervised children under the age of eight
- No smoking, vaping or chewing gum
- No running
- No diving in prohibited areas
- No jumping into shallow areas
- No fighting or pushing or throwing bathers
- No ducking
- No bombing
- No gymnastics or acrobatics
- No petting
- No underwater swimming or hyperventilation
- No flippers
- No face masks or snorkels
- Do not wear thong style swimwear
- No outdoor footwear
- Hand paddles to be used in lanes only
- Don’t leave the pool area or changing room in swimwear
- Don’t leave bags on poolside
- No food to be consumed in the pool hall, only drinks with sport caps will be permitted
- No alcohol
- Please do not swim if you have consumed food, alcoholic drink or if you have an upset stomach
- Don’t bring any glass or breakable containers into the building
- Don’t wear denim type shorts, cut downs or any sort of t-shirts for swimming or non-swimming attire
- Don’t use foul or abusive language
- Don’t hold onto the lane ropes (Unless in an emergency)
- Don’t stand on floats
- Don’t jump onto floats/rafts from poolside. (Separate rules may apply to inflatable sessions, see below)
- Shaving is not permitted anywhere in the building
- The use of wetsuits in the pool is not permitted during a public session, we do allow their use in our controlled sessions
- Mono Fins cannot be used during public sessions only during controlled sessions
- No hard material balls - soft inflatable balls only
- No water squirting toys
- Buoyancy equipment such as swim belts and armbands are available to purchase. We do not allow customers to borrow this equipment.
- Inflatable in the shallow end of the pool - all children under the age of eight must be accompanied by an adult, 18 years or over, to a ratio of no more than two children to one adult. The shallow end session is for children under the height of 130cm only.
- Inflatable in the deep end of the pool - customers must be aged eight or above and be competent swimmers, being able to swim 25 metres continuously and unaided. This requirement may need to be demonstrated before use if requested.
- No family tickets available for inflatable sessions. Individual tickets only. £5.30 per person.
The following guidance outlines recommendations for parents when using Lincs Inspire’s swimming pools and follows the Chartered Institute of Managing Sport and Physical Activity information and guidance document GN014.
Compliance with these rules is of paramount importance to ensure everyone can use the facilities safely. Please ask for a copy of the rules from the pool you wish to swim at so you can ensure you understand and comply with the operator’s requirements. All children under the age of eight should always be accompanied in the water and changing rooms during public swimming sessions by a parent, to a maximum of two children to one adult. Such sessions are those that are open for public recreational swimming as opposed to those under the direct control or instruction of a group organiser or class teacher/coach where different rules may apply.
A parent is defined as someone over the age of eighteen or younger if the person is the biological parent of the child or children. The parent must be in the water with the children. They must maintain a constant watch over them and be in close contact with those of the children who are weak or non-swimmers. Parents who are supervising children must themselves determine that they have the required competencies to undertake this task.
Parents should be aware that operators, when looking at their own facilities and considering the guidance offered, will implement rules they feel best suits their individual circumstances. Parents would be advised, therefore, to make appropriate inquiries if the pool isn’t one they are familiar with. The operator will consider a multitude of factors for setting ratios including the following:
- 3.1 The activity takes place in a designated safe area e.g. shallow pool, teaching pool, roped off shallow area of a standard pool etc.
- 3.2 Approved floatation devices are worn by weak and non-swimmers.
- 3.3 Any child not in an approved floatation device shall either be a babe in arms or who can demonstrate a standard of swimming ability in excess of the minimum set by the National Curriculum Key Stage 2 requirements and/or the ASA Learn to Swim Framework Phase 7 or equivalent.
Parents should also be aware that children over the age of eight, particularly those who cannot swim or are weak swimmers, may also require supervision of a similar level. Those responsible for the children must therefore consider the swimming abilities of all children and the appropriate supervision required, and heed the advice/instruction of the swimming pool staff.
Parents accompanying children to a pool should be able to take under eights into an ‘opposite sex’ changing room or alternative facilities should be provided. It is reasonable to assume that a child deemed too young to swim unaccompanied is also too young to look after him or herself in a changing room or to change unaccompanied.
Parents are advised to use only approved floatation devices compliant with BSN 13138 parts 1-3 – Buoyant Aids for Swimming Instruction as confirmed by the CEN mark. Baby neck support floats are not permitted in the pool.
- Please inform a member of our team if you have a condition that could affect your safety within our facilities.
- Please shower before using the swimming pool as this removes any grease, dirt or other chemicals often contained within make-up, hair products and deodorants.
- Wearing a swim hat will help protect your hair and reduce water pollution.
- Surfaces in the pool area are always wet, please take care and always walk.
- Please do not swim if you have just eaten or drunk or if you have an upset stomach.